A complete game collection for the Retron 5 gaming console! So many games you'll never run out of classic games to play!
All of these are complete retro-game sets, so every game released on each of these consoles is here, at least per region as described below. These are the actual games that were released for the systems, not phony knock offs!
All you need to do is own one physical game of the system you want to play off the SD card; just one cartridge will let you play all the games from that given console.
Suppose you own the physical copy of Bubble Bobble for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), all you need to do is plug Bubble Bobble in, and all the games on my SD card for the NES will work. The same rules apply for every other console. One physical copy of any Game Boy Color game will allow you to play all of the Game Boy Color games off of the SD card, and the same for the rest of the consoles as well.
The way this works is the Retron 5 'patches' the game from the SD card onto the physical game. There is no weird effects from this patching process, the games on the SD card will run smooth and normal. For the Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear, and SG-1000, you will need the Retron 5's 3-in-1 adapter, as well as their respective games.
This specific SD card is 32gb and it is loaded to the brim with everything I could find for the systems! I do have a 16gb version as well that has more of the base sets, a few extras, but not the full library as this 32gb card. This card, the 32gb card, does have all the extras, every console in green text below is exclusive to this 32gb card.
**This is for a 32GB SD card ONLY! There is no system here, just the microSD card.
Classic NES – 37 games – Works with a Nintendo NES cartridge. This folder is a small set of games that can be found of the recently released Classic NES mini console.
- Classic SNES – 26 games – Works with a Nintendo SNES cartridge. Same as above, the games that can be found on the Classic SNES mini.
- Game Boy – 507 games – Works with a Game Boy or Game Boy Color cartridge. These are only the North American GB games.
- Game Boy Color – 448 games – Works with Game Boy Color or a Game Boy cartridge. These are only the North American GBC games.
- Game Boy Advance – 1,017 games – Only works with Game Boy Advance cartridges. This folder is only the North American GBA games.
- Game Boy Advance Europe – 754 games – European GBA games. Works with GBA cartridge. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
Game Boy Advance Japan – 794 Japanese Game Boy Advance games. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
Game Boy Advance Other – 378 – Ranges from betas, translated, rom hack games, and other regions of the world. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
- Game Boy Color Europe – 320 European Game Boy Color games.
- Gamy Boy Color Japan – 479 Japanese Game Boy Color games.
- Game Boy Color Others – 222 games – Ranges from betas, translated, rom hack games, and other regions of the world.
- Game Boy Europe – 191 European Game Boy games.
- Game Boy Japan – 768 Japanese Game Boy games.
- Game Boy Others – 195 games – Ranges from betas, translated, rom hack games, and other regions of the world.
Nintendo BS-X Satellaview – 131 games – works with Super Nintendo cartridges. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
- Nintendo Famicom – 1,061 games – Japanese ‘NES’ games (the NES is actually the North American Famicom). Works with NES or Famicom cartridge.
- Nintendo NES – 690 games – Nintendo Entertainment System games. Full North American NES set. Works with NES or Famicom cartridge. North American released games.
Nintendo NES Europe – 311 European NES games. PAL versions of the games.
- Nintendo NES Hacks! – 2,534 rom hacks – Sorted into 104 folders of different games. Ranging from 1942 all the way to Zippy Race. Also has Homebrew and Unlicensed games.
- Nintendo NES Others – 749 games – Ranges from betas, translated, Prototypes games, and other regions of the world.
Nintendo SNES – 755 games – North American released SNES games, Works with SNES and Super Famicom cartridges. This is a complete North American Super Nintendo set.
Nintendo SNES Europe – 535 European released SNES games. The PAL versions.
Nintendo SNES Hacks! – 697 rom hacks for the Super Nintendo! A lot of SMW hacks including kaizo games. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
Nintendo SNES Others – 674 – Ranges from betas, translated, Prototypes games, and other regions of the world. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
- Nintendo Super Famicom – 1,449 games – Japanese ‘SNES’ games. Works with either SNES or Super Famicom game cartridge.
- Sega Game Gear – 258 games – Needs the Retron 3-in-1 adapter to play, works with Game Gear cartridges.
- Sega Game Gear Europe – 64 European Sega Game Gear games.
- Sega Game Gear Japan – 171 Japanese released Game Gear games.
Sega Genesis / Mega Drive – 733 games – North American Sega Genesis games, works with Genesis / Mega Drive cartridges. Complete Sega Genesis collection.
- Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Europe – 257 European Mega Drive / Genesis games.
Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Japan – 359 Japanese Mega Drive / Genesis games. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Other – 418 games – Ranges from betas, translated, Prototypes games, and other regions of the world. (Exclusive to this 32gb SD card)
- Sega Master System – 115 games – Needs the Retron 3-in-1 adapter to play, uses Master System cartridges.
- Sega Master System Europe – 182 European Master System games.
- Sega Master System Japan – 63 Japanese Master System Games.
- Sega Master System Others - 200 games – Ranges from betas, revisions, rom hack games, and other regions of the world.
- Sega SG-1000 – 165 games – Needs the 3-in-1 Retron adapter.
As you can see, I organized all the games quite well. Instead of having all the Game Boy games in one folder, I have them divided into many different folders for better organization.
A few things to note:
This will only work with the Retron 5 console. This will not work with any other Hyperkin Retron console, only the Retron 5.
You can put the cheats on, but they do not work the way they should. The way the roms work is the Retron 5 'patches' the game from the SD card over the physical cartridge and when you use cheats, the Retron 5 will base the cheats off the physical cartridge game, not the loaded 'patch' game. So in order to use cheats, you will have to edit the cheat file and replace the physical game cheats with the 'patched' game cheats. You would have to do this for every 'patch' game you want to play with cheats.
Please note that you might need to update your Retron 5's firmware if you have an early model of a Retron 5. This will only be a very small percent of consoles, most have adequate firmware. 99.9% of the problems with this SD card come from your Retron 5 needing its firmware updated, so if you are running into issues or the games are not showing up, your Retron 5 might need a firmware update.